Friday, January 16, 2009

Moments of glory

I have never told anything about my Beijing and Nanjing trip during the December trip, I guess it's not too late now. =) It was a really hard time but I just love and miss the times in China with all my other 21 groupmates. Although we came from different schools, but all of us went for the same trip, and experienced the same thing. I never did expect we would be that bonded before we left for Changi Airport.

We went to Beijing first, where it was a pure leisure trip, going to different famous travelling places, like the 故宫、鸟巢 and 万里长城. I personally love the 故宫as I always love Chinese history and watched many drama serials on the palace in China, which held the Ming and Qing Dynasty. Is it Ming? Haha! Bad memory, but the place was totally amazing and beautiful. I felt attached to the history that is in that place. The architecture of the buildings were totally inbelievable, with no nails and you can build a palace! OMG.



Then the 万里长城 where everything seemed so small when you are on top, I didn't climb till very high. I was lazy. ^^ plus, I did not hav such stamina. But it was so beautiful up there and there were even snow, small traces from them.
Then this is the Olympics Bird Nest. It's not really special, just like any other stadium just that it was huge and the structure was cool. =)
I love the sky there, always blue and no clouds. But the weather, erm... was cold. Haha! I was wearing 6 layers of clothing everyday. ^^

Later, we went to Nanjing after 3 days in Beijing. Nanjing is an amazing city, with all the modern infrastructure just like any modern city, just that the traffic there was terrible. And I had to walk to school everyday for 30min. We learnt many things in school, hmm, like 武术、剪纸 and singing folk chinese song. I love 剪纸 cause it's so beautiful. =) I did a good job. But for 武术, haix.. it was a disaster. =P I don't like physical activity de. Learning in Nanjing was really fun everyday though it was very tiring. Okays, shall pick some pictures to say 中山陵 I went in Nanjing.


Then it was shopping every 2 days and their arcade there was cheap with only 10 SG cents per token so yeah, Tiff, Ade (my laogong), Zihuan and Deb were crazy in the arcade. Maybe it's just me and my laogong and Deb. Haha! Shopping was ideal there too, with everything so tempting and you would so wish everything would be in singapore with you. Haha! The girls' desire...
And there was beautiful scenery in Nanjing, specially the 秦淮河, the river scenery at night was so so beautiful, and breathtaking. You would so wish your loved ones would be with you seeing everything with you. =)
And I had teh most memorable trip with all my pals. From Kranji Sec, from Guangyang Sec and from PJC. They were really nice people and all of us just stick with each other and played and cried and danced and zi-high-ing. They were so so nice to me. Thinking of the moments of the last day, we cried. At least some girls did, I was one of them. Haha! Hey, I get emotional easily de. I love them all. ^^ Thanks 赤壁 for everything and Helen Mama and Andrew Papa. And I miss you all...

No comments: